Continental Operator in Sumter, South Carolina
Operator- must be able to read specs, know all tire/rubber components used in the assembly of tires, and follow safety and quality standards.
• Must be able to receive written and oral instructions as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production
• Follow plant Safety policies, Plant policies, Environmental policies, and keep work areas neat, clean, and orderly
• Read specifications, use hand tools, tape measures and other gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and react quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition, and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur
• Complete quality checks on product including corrective actions using metric measurements and formulas
• Possess and apply problem solving skills in case of machine cycle issues
• Must be able to meet/exceed individual and plant production goals & standards
•Other duties as assigned
Successful completion of a minimum of silver level WorkKeys® Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
The CRC includes all of the following:
Applied Math/Applied Mathematics
Graphic Literacy/Locating Information
Workplace Documents/Reading for Information
Candidates are required to score a four (4) or better on all tests.
WorkKeys® testing is available locally at the Central Carolina Technical College Testing Center (CCTC). Please visit http://www.cctech.edu/resources/testing-center/ for more information.
• High School Diploma/GED
• 1+ Years in a manufacturing environment or relevant experience
• Responsible for meeting/exceeding individual production goals & standards
• Strong Communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to follow instructions
• Ability to have good attention to detail
• Ability to work as a part of a team
• Ability to operate a computer and scanning devices
• Ability to work a 12 hour rotating shifts - days, nights and weekends
• Ability to work Overtime
Relocation benefits would not be offered for this job opening.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to bend, climb, squat, crawl, reach and twist frequently
• Ability to lift 20-75 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle’s only link with the road. They transmit all forces onto the road. It is the tire technology that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time and stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.