Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Fabric Worker in Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
FABRIC WORKER (USATC-20-1516-F):
Bowhead seeks a Fabric Worker to join our team in supporting the Logistics Readiness Center (LRC) at Fort Jackson, SC.
The Fabric Workers will be sewing and tailoring military uniforms and as such must have skills in making alterations, fitting, marking and measuring customers to determine the type and extent of cutting required. The Fabric Worker team assists in making alterations to lined and unlined military uniforms by fitting, marking, and altering clothing, taking measurements from and fitting garment to the customer to determine the type and extent of cutting required. Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge and experience required to hold the position as outlined below.
Essential functions may include:
• Inserting or eliminating padding in shoulders and tapering seams without distorting the drape and proportions of the garment.
• Repairing or replacing defective garment parts such as snaps, zippers, buttons, buckles, pockets, pocket flaps and coat linings.
• Will be responsible for shortening or lengthening sleeves or legs, and must be able to re-sew garments using needle and thread or sewing machine.
• Maintaining an adequate stock of supplies, equipment and working area, and may supervise activities of sewing machine operators or other related workers.
• Based on workload, the Fabric Workers may be required to work on the weekends.
• Computer skills are helpful in case assistance with making RFID cards or tracking inventory is necessary but that will not be a main function of this position.
• May also be called upon to assist in issuing clothing.
• A High School diploma or GED is required
• At least two (2) years of sewing or tailoring experience is required
• A familiarity with the military uniform standards is preferred but not required
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust Level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)