Schneider Electric Test Technician - Production V in Columbia, South Carolina
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We have a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Quality Tester. Must have 2-year technical degree. Prefer 2-3 years experience testing switchboard/switchgear.
What is a Test Associate?
A Test Associate will perform electrical testing, mechanical checking and cosmetic inspection on complex electro-mechanical switchboards and switchgear, metering equipment, PLC’s and other current monitoring devices.
This position is responsible for testing, troubleshooting, and repairing moderately complex to extremely complex, high voltage electronic, electrical, and electro-mechanical products. Responsible for providing work instruction and may provide training to new employees in the department.
- Read and understand moderately complex to very complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
- Identifies discrepancies between customer requirements and finished product.
- Performs visual check of completely finished product following customer specs and/or QC report procedure.
- Performs highly complex troubleshooting and problems solving of electrical, electronic or electro-mechanical operations.
- Determines cause of errors and establishes a game plan to remedy errors to bring the product to the proper level of conformance.
- Interacts with Engineering on a regular basis to determine appropriate specifications and corrective actions when discrepancies arise.
- Interacts with Assembly operations regarding problems with wiring assembly.
- Makes minor to very complex adjustments and modifications to product.
- Performs OHM check, input output, PLC, etc.
- Utilizes PC’s, PLC’s, Universal Voltage Power Cart, Multi-Meter, Pulsar voltage and AMP Generator, Injection Carts for Ground Fault, Dielectric Hi-Pot Tester, etc.
- Provide training and guidance when new Testers are hired to the department.
- Interacts with external Customers, Field Sales personnel and may participate in on-site testing certification.
- Works closely with supervisor to ensure quality standards and shipment commitments are met.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
- Continuously provides input to supervision, engineering, and quality groups relative to product improvement.
- Completes test reports, quality documentation, data collection, etc. as required.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements. Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexible on demanding situations
- Oral and written communication
- Interpreting technical drawings
- Being customer focused
- Organization and problem solving
- Being self-driven and professional
- Meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
Must have 2-year technical degree. Prefer 2-3 years experience testing switchboard/switchgear.
Am I Qualified?
Qualified candidates must be able to utilize electronic and mechanical troubleshooting equipment to ensure product quality. Knowledge of power distribution is required. Applicants must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, test specifications, and wiring diagrams. Must have AS Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Industrial or Electromechanics.
Candidates must be highly motivated and capable of working in a team environment. Able to work overtime on short notice when required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-South Carolina-Columbia
Unposting Date: Jul 20, 2019, 5:59:00 AM
Req ID: 005H7Q